Quixer - About this App
DuckDuckGo "Bangs" provide access to a large number of useful services with easy shortcuts - saving a few clicks or keystrokes each time you use them.
Custom Search Engines provide a way for you to create your own shortcuts for similar purposes. You can use them to create bookmark aliases for yourself, search shortcuts for sites you use a lot, quickly compose e-mails, look up IP addresses - just about anything you can think of that can fit into a URL with a dynamic component.
Quixer aims to combine these two concepts, and adds the ability to sync those customizations across any browser and device you use.
The current Quixer release provides:
- An interface to manage and sync up your services (dynamic/search URLs)
- A pre-configured base selection of services for popular and useful sites
- Ability to integrate with your browser's search bar (via a custom search engine - ie. the app supports queries via URL)
- Ability to sync your custom services/URLs across browsers/devices via Google Drive
⚡ Get Started
- Set up https://quixer.onl?q=%s as your default custom search engine in your Browser (eg. in Chrome - chrome://settings/searchEngines)
- Start searching, for example, try "map nearest restaurant" in your search bar
- Click here for more guidance, and to customize your Quixer experience
📑 Terms of Service
You are welcome to do whatever you want with the application as long as it is not illegal.
See the software license here.
Please be nice.
Quixer (quixer.onl) does not share your data with anyone.
Contribute Code or New Service Suggestions: https://github.com/chrisputnam9/quixer#readme